Our Celtic Birdhouse, with its Gothic Arch & its hand carved Celtic Cross celebrate the architectural traditions of the British Isles. Many of these monumental stone crosses remain standing today, where they were placed 12 centuries ago. The ringed cross remains as much a symbol of faith as it is of one’s heritage: it often stands as an emblem of Irish, Scottish or Welsh identity.
This unique birdhouse, like all of our birdhouses, is created from re-purposed century-old barn wood and then branded with our own custom made forge-irons.
Features & Details
- The entry hole has a 1 1/4 inch I.D. copper fitting to prevent damage by sparrows and squirrels.
- The perch is made from a re-purposed old-style clothes peg, located low on the box to discourage predators.
- The exterior is waterproofed with safe marine varnish.
- Our boxes are constructed with mitered joints that are weather-tight glued; this rugged birdhouse design is built to withstand the elements year round.
- The roof removes easily for cleaning and has drainage holes and heat vents for the comfort of its feathered occupants. It also has an inner escape “ladder” to assist fledglings.
- Pole Mounted Design with installation sheet included.
- Special orders for Bluebird boxes: $10.00 additional. (Please use our Contact form or call)
Birdhouse measures* : 21″ high, 14″ deep, 14″ wide, weight: 6-8 lbs
*Due to the re-purposed source of our materials, color and dimensions may vary.