The Prairie Birdhouse champions compact, contemporary design. The entrance hole is well protected beneath its snug gables, one of which also serves as a landing site. Created from re-purposed white cedar fencing materials.
Features & Details
- The entry hole has a 1 1/4 inch I.D. copper fitting to make box resistant to squirrels and minimize entry by sparrows.
- The exterior is coated with marine varnish (boat finish).
- Our boxes are constructed with mitered joints that are weather-tight glued; this rugged birdhouse design is built to withstand the elements year round.
- The side removes easily for cleaning with a single screw. It has drainage holes and heat vents for the comfort of its feathered occupants. It also has an inner escape “ladder” to assist fledglings.
- Hang on a wall, tree or post. Comes with quality hanger, and has an optional orientation, with front facing either left or right. Garden plan included.
Birdhouse measures* : 22″ high, 12″ deep, 12″ wide, weight: 8-10 lbs
*Due to the re-purposed source of our materials, color and dimensions may vary slightly.